- Full access to the event on 8.21.2021
- Q&A with speakers
- Beverages and snacks
About this event
From the creators of Refuel and Not Almost There, GO is a one-of-a-kind event that will combine inspiration with activity.
When: 8.21.2021, 7:30am
Where: Arranmore Farm, 34 Rance Road, Oswego, IL 60543 (just outside Naperville)
Finish your summer of 2021 strong— join host Joe Chura, Entrepreneur and Founder of Not Almost There, for this one-day event featuring in-person conversations, fire-side chats, and Q&A from some of the most acclaimed folks on the planet.
- 7:30 Check In
- 8:00 Welcome announcement
- 8:15 Warm-up walk or run
- 9:30 Rich Roll
- 10:30 Break
- 10:45 Self Protection Training for ALL levels
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:00 Fireside Chat with Olympic Gold Champion Jordan Burroughs
- 2:00 Yoga
- 2:45 Break
- 3:00 Master Sgt Cedric King
- 4:00 Happy Hour with live music
The speakers include:
- Rich Roll, author of Finding Ultra, The Rich Roll Podcast, and Founder of Plant Power. At age 40, and after years of struggling with drugs, alcohol, and unhealthy living, Rich dedicated his diet to plants and his body to purposeful action. Just two years later, he began clocking top finishes at Ultraman World Championships and leading a community of others looking to transform their lives. Rich continues this journey today with his chart-topping podcast and bestselling books, Finding Ultra, The Plantpower Way, The Plantpower Way Italia, and his latest offering, Voicing Change.
- Jordan Burroughs, 4x World Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist, 2x Olympian, Husband, Dad. Jordan is an American freestyle wrestler and graduated folkstyle wrestler who competes at 74 kilograms. In freestyle, he is the 2012 Olympic Gold medalist, a four-time World Champion (seven-time medalist), three-time Pan American Games Gold medalist, four-time Pan American champion, and four-time US Open National Champion, making the US World or Olympic Team on nine occasions. In folkstyle, Burroughs was a two–time NCAA Division I champion for the Nebraska Cornhuskers and was awarded the Dan Hodge Trophy (equivalent to the Heisman Trophy) in 2012. Burroughs is widely known for his double leg takedown and is considered one of the greatest freestyle wrestlers of all time.
- Cedric King, Decorated retired Master Sergeant, Ironman Triathlete, 2x New York City Marathon Finisher, and 5x Boston Marathon finisher. Cedric was an Army Ranger when he stepped on an IED in a bomb-rigged village in Afghanistan. Becoming a double amputee could have been his breaking point. Instead, he turned it into his Making Point and is now a world-class motivational speaker and endurance athlete.
Yoga and Mindfulness Session provided by:
- Nicole Suchevits, Owner/Founder of 360 Yoga, Multiple yoga certifications, Nominated as one of the most charitable women in the Western Suburbs.
Self Defense Course for all abilities provided by:
- BJJ Lab Team of Black Belts, Peter Iacavazzi, Jessica Swanson, John Brooks, Mark Turner, Bill Brooks, Sgt. Frank Beran, and Brad Johns.
Is this for everyone? The event is for 16 and over.
Is any part of this event virtual? No, this event is in-person only.
Will this be too difficult (or too easy)? That’s up to you! There will be levels for all, so don’t be intimidated. GO will be a fantastic opportunity to push yourself, get inspired, and self-reflect. The event will be as challenging as you make it.
How can I gift this? If you are gifting to one person, go ahead and use their information. If this is a surprise, you will be able to change your/their contact information later, so use their name and your email.
Is there a discount for multiple tickets? Shared experiences are the best. Therefore if you purchase more than one ticket (for you and a friend, etc.), there’s a published discount. If you are looking to enroll a large group, please contact Colleen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Can I attend just listen to the speakers? The agenda will aim to be immersive intertwining the speakers with the activities. While you can just watch the speakers and not participate, you will not get everything you can out of the event.
Is there max capacity? There is, so we highly encourage you to get your tickets now before they sell out.
What if I need to change? There will be a private indoor changing area. More information on what to bring will be sent out closer to the event.